Want to present at our 2019 conference?
Deadline date : December 15,2018
The theme of this year’s conference is
What motivates gifted students to engage in and take ownership of their learning?
What are some ways to inspire gifted learners to leave their comfort zones, capitalize on their passions, and create something productive?
How can we help them persevere through the inevitable failure they will encounter along the way?
Gifted children tend to have a plethora of brilliant ideas, but sometimes they have a great deal of difficulty bringing those ideas to fruition. With this theme, the focus is on helping learners find direction and focus for their multitude of passions. Students must develop the ability to convert their brilliant ideas into purposeful products or solutions. Our future depends on them!
• Motivation & Engagement
• Policy Regulations and Implications for Gifted Education
• G&T Teaching Strategies
• Identification and Assessment
• Underserved Populations
• Social Emotional and Affective Needs
• Creativity and Critical Thinking
• Collaboration Strategies
• Twice Exceptional
• General Education Teachers
• Teachers of Gifted
• Curriculum Coordinators
• Gifted 101: Key info for those new to the field
• Student Voice – Student Choice
• Meeting affective needs for self-efficacy and task valuation
• Creativity in STEM fields
• Connecting students with authentic audiences for their work
• Networking & Collaboration within and across districts: educators, parents, and community
• Reaching underserved populations; assessing equity and representation
Assessment strategies to promote growth and student ownership
• Assessment Strategies
- Workshop sessions typically run 50-55 minutes.
- There are two computer labs available this year for technology sessions.
- Proposal selections will be based on balance of the overall program for the benefit of all participants.
- Presenters whose proposals are accepted may be invited to share a brief promotional video(1-3 minutes) on our webpage to generate interest in the sessions offered.