Submission Guidelines for Promise
Please use the following proofreading guidelines:
- Text should be in a Word document, Times New Roman 12, single-spaced, no paragraph formatting. Intent paragraphs five spaces.
- Article must have a title and by-line of the contributor, whether the contributor is an educator (grade/program taught), parent, student, or other individual, and home or work phone number.
- Edit for correct spacing between words; Insert double space between sentences.
- Place punctuation marks inside quotation marks. Example, John said, "Gifted programs are important."
- Put commas around dates and states when they come in the middle of the sentence. Example: “On January 12, 2017, I went to Trenton, New Jersey, for a meeting.” and spell out state names.
- Insert a comma before the word “and” in a list of three or more items.
- Avoid contractions and the use of “&.”
- Book titles are underlined. Movies, television shows, newspapers, and magazines are italicized. “Newspaper and magazine articles” are enclosed in quotation marks.